Monday, July 9, 2012

Never Have I Ever: Owned a Lunch Cube

(Obviously) I  have started a blog. I may or may not post about things that are worthy of your time and attention; I love to write and wanted an outlet, so...yeah, that's about all I can tell you at this point.

In other news, I bought a lunch cube yesterday. I REALLY like my lunch cube. I say this with no shame.

Akin to the more commonly utilized 'lunch box', the lunch cube is a lunch transporting/storing apparatus that not only makes me think of Professor Clyde Crashcup from the "Back to the Future" Alvin & the Chipmunks video ("Slumber Tube!"...don't ask/if you actually get the reference, 9,457 cool points for you), it's also a thriftier option.  And since the the hubby and I were sitting around this weekend trying to think of ways to save money until we finish paying off the Giant Evil Student Loans That Never Seem to Be Getting Lower Because Interest Sucks As Do Student Loan Payments In General For That Matter, thrifty > un-thrifty. The reason it's thrifty is because it totally eliminates the need for sandwich/snack baggies - you purchase the lunch cube once (for a mere $4.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond) and just rinse it out after each use, as opposed to utilizing multiple baggies each day that will eventually need to be replaced (with money).

Another thing I'm over the moon about in reference to my incredible new discovery getalifeSara is that while it unfolds into something about yay big:

                            

it folds up into something about....yay small:
                           
                            

 Which gives it the advantage of being compact yet roomy enough to hold a normal-sized lunch, a lamp, a mirror, a coat rack, and a tape measure. (No cool points for knowing that reference because I refuse to believe there is a single person in the United States of America and possibly the universe otherthanmyhusband who has not seen Mary Poppins.)

Quick Recap:
1. I quite fancy my new lunch cube, which I purchased for $4.99 at BB&B
2. Mostly because it's a) thrifty, b) compact, yet roomy
3. Also because the name makes me think of Professor Crashcup saying "Slumber Tube!" which makes me happy because Alvin & the Chipmunks was my fav.
4. If you haven't seen Mary Poppins, please rectify that immediately. Please.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to prove you wrong but I haven't seen Mary Poppins... I know I know its awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* Refer to recap point #4. (Tip: Netflix has it)

    ReplyDelete